Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018
1. The Junior Eurovision Song Contest (the "JESC") is an international coproduction by EBU Members which is carried out under the auspices of the European Broadcasting Union (the "EBU") as part of the television programme exchange known as Eurovision. The 2018 Junior Eurovision Song Contest will be held in Minsk, Belarus on the 25th November, 2018.
2. Public Broadcasting Services Ltd. is hereby publishing a call for applications for artists aged between 9 and 14 years.
3. Applicants must submit original versions, including a full playback version (including voice) and also a backing track excluding the voice.
4. PBS Ltd. will nominate a professional jury wherein all the submitted songs will be heard and judged on the version submitted by each applicant. During this phase a total of 16 songs will be shortlisted.
5. For the final phase, the sixteen (16) finalists will perform live on a televised show. The winning song will be chosen by 50% televoting and 50% jury vote.
6. In case of a tie, the song with the highest marks from the jury vote will be determined as the winning song.
7. The winner shall represent Malta in the next JESC which will be held in Belarus. This invitation will be offered to the next placed artist in case the winning artist, for any reason, is not able to participate in the JESC.
8. Malta’s representative in the JESC 2017 may not participate.
9. Eligible artists are children who are Maltese nationals.
10. The Participation Form (Annex A) needs to be signed by both parents unless documentation is provided in case of a sole legal guardian.
11. The Participation fee is €50 per application.
12. The online submissions must include the: a. Application form b. Minor Release Form c. Declaration by parents/guardians of the child artist d. Declaration by the Composer & Author for the Song Release e. A full playback version of the participating song (including voice) together with a backing track including backing vocals (but excluding the main voice) both versions need to be submitted in WAV File & MP3 formats f. Participation fee of €50
13. Parents/Guardians are informed, that the winner will be managed by PBS from the day of the announcement of the winner till the 26 th November 2018 and it has to be declared that the child artist is free from any other management agreements. Furthermore, the child artist must abide by the rules and regulations as stipulated by PBS and EBU.
14. The maximum duration of the song must be three minutes and the minimum duration is 2 mins and 30 seconds. A declaration of release of the winning song is required from the authors and composers who were involved in helping the child artist in the process of writing and composing the winning song.
15. PBS shall finance the participation, flight from Malta (and return) and accommodation, of the child artist and one parent/legal guardian. No further remuneration will be given. Rules of the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Selection 2018 3
16. Should the winning artist(s), without justification, interrupt his/her participation in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest (JESC 2018), he/she may be liable to lifetime exclusion from the contest and may be held liable for damages incurred by PBS as a result of his / her actions.
17. All participating child artists bind themselves not to take part in talk shows, interviews or any other programmes dealing with their participation in this song selection, be it on television, on radio, on printed media or on the web. If necessary, PBS will take care to give equal publicity to the finalists.
18. PBS is to be informed of any medical condition which could affect the participating artist(s) performance in the JESC.
19. PBS accepts no financial liability or obligation whatsoever to artists in connection with participation in the JESC.
20. All decisions taken by PBS, in all stages are final, binding and non-appealable.
21. All Participation Forms and any accompanying materials, are not returnable.
Children between 9 and 14 years of age may participate in the this edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018. Submissions will be opened in the coming days and will continue to be accepted until 20 July.
Each song must be between 2 and a half minutes and 3 minutes. The participants must be Maltese and children must be involved in the writing and composition of an original song by participating in this contest.
On 3 August, will announced the 16 finalist, in September made the choice of back or well through programs on TVM.The winner or winning represents to Malta in Belarus in November.
Further information on the regulations, application forms and other details you can obtain them by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the PBS received applications for children who wish to participate in the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018, all submissions submitted undergone optional.
Here are the list of the 16 finalist:-
|01||Georgia Borg||10||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Gillian Attard|
|02||Thea Aquilina||Back To My Freedom||Bruce Robert Francis Smith||Ylva Persson,Linda Persson, Rickard Bonde Truumeel|
|03||Isaac Spiteri||Bonfire Nghts||Emil Calleja Bayliss||Dario Bezzina|
|04||Yarin Coleiro||Can You Be The One||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Cyprian Cassar|
|05||Kylie Meilak||Crystals||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Elton Zarb|
|06||Lora Grech||Finish Line||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Elton Zarb|
|07||Jahel Cardona||Home||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Cyprian Cassar|
|08||Riona Degiorgio||Infinity||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Dominic Cini|
|09||Ela Mangion||Matchin' On||Emil Calleja Bayliss||Cyprian Cassar|
|10||Eliana Gomez Blanco||Music Takes Control||Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Cyprian Cassar|
|11||Kristy Spiteri||Nann||Ritianne Frendo||Mark Scicluna, Cyprian Cassar|
|12||Launa Schembri||No Rest For The Wicked||Emil Calleja Bayliss||Philip Vella|
|13||Albert-Lauren Agius||Paper Boats||Emil Calleja Bayliss||Cyprian Cassar|
|14||Zaira Mifsud||Shout Now||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Cyprian Cassar|
|15||Katryna Borg,Rihana Azzopardi||The Puppet And The Clown||Christopher Azzopardi, Rihana Azzopardi||Kaya' Priscilla Giordano Psaila, Katryna Borg|
|16||Aiden Aquilina Cohen||Wherever You Go||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Cyprian Cassar|
The Running Order
Here are the list of the 16 finalist:-
The Final Night
Where we will watch and listen to the 16 finalists perform their entry. Once again the winner will be determined by 50% televoting at the end of the 16 performances.
Each telephone line is equivalent to 1 vote and the call costs €1.00 + applicable normal call charges. Those who will vote for their favourite song will get the chance to be the winners of a hoverboard or any of the three 17″ tablets that will be drawn after the contest.
One could find more information on each finalists you can visit this link http://www.tvm.com.mt/mt/junior-eurovision/participants/
|01||Ela Mangion||Matchin' On||Emil Calleja Bayliss||Cyprian Cassar||(Click for video)|
|02||Katryna Borg & Rihana Azzopardi||The Puppet And The Clown||Christopher Azzopardi & Rihana||'Kaya' Priscilla Giordano Psaila & Katryna||(Click for video)|
|03||Georgia Borg||10||'Muxu' Matt Mercieca||Gillian Attard||(Click for video)|
- As the winner, Ela Mangion will represent Malta at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Misik, Belarus on 20 November 2018.
The festival was presented by Actress, presenter Taryn Mamo Cefai
- 11 June 2018 Publishing of Regulations
- 20 July 2018 Submission Date
- 3 August 2018 Announcement of 16 Finalists
- 8 September 2018 Televised National Selection
- 25 November 2018 Junior Eurovision Song Contest – Belarus