Art from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection: Documenting 2000-2006 (exhibition)
An exhibition titled Art from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività Collection: Documenting 2000-2006 was held in Space A of Spazju Kreattiv, Valletta, Malta, between the 12th January 2017 and the 12th February 2017. The exhibition included a public talk, held on Thursday 9 February 2017 at 7.30PM.
Following on from the research project that commenced in January 2016 as part of the Spazju Kreattiv programme, work on compiling a detailed catalogue focusing on Fondazzjoni Kreattività’s art collection currently stored at St James Cavalier is set to continue in January 2017.
Apart from the actual works of art, which can also be considered as an archived document of the artists’ work, we are setting out to identify which are the most important basic elements that remain after a creative project has been exhibited to the public. Proposals, press releases, artist profiles, photos, reviews, posters, videos, and other material can provide an indication of the significant context in which the works of art were originally presented. This material can also help researchers better understand the artwork itself and also the work of the artist in a broader cultural spectrum.
A number of talks and discussions with invited artists and collaborators will be open to the public. These events aim to facilitate an understanding of the methods of collecting contemporary works of art along with points of interest that emerge through the collection as a whole.
This project was held in conjuction with Past! Present. Future? workshops targeting secondary and post secondary art students.
Organiser: Spazju Kreattiv - Fondazzjoni Kreattività, St James Cavalier.
Creative Team: Dr Toni Sant, Sabrina Calleja Jackson.
The exhibition displayed the following art works, all drawn from the Fondazzjoni Kreattività art collection.
- Young Willie Apap (2002) - Vincent Apap
- Sheep (2003) - Noel Attard
- Texture (2006) - Keith Balzan
- Blue Pyramid (2001) - Isabelle Borg
- Discourse (2005) - Vince Briffa
- untitled (2002) - Jean Busuttil Zaleski
- By the Sea (2001) - Janet Caruana Savage
- Cellphone Wrappings (2003) - Charles Cassar
- The Other Side of Life (2004) - Catherine Cavallo
- Inverted Truck (2004) - Graham Cooper
- No More Mdina - Lisa Falzon
- Legacy of a Nation (2004) - John Grima
- Pilbara Rock Mosaic (2000) - Kirsten Jeffcoat
- Henry (2005) - Victor Manduca
- untitled (2002) - Bridget McCrum
- Żebgħa no. 36 (2006) - Patrick Mifsud
- For Mario - Ann Ropp
- The Darkened Path (2004) - Mark Sagona
- Aħmar (2004) - Christopher Saliba
- Valletta View (2003) - James Vella Clark