Catherine Cavallo (b. 1963) is an artist from Malta.
She studied Fine Arts/Oil Painting at the City & Guilds of London Art School. During her stay in London she became more and more influenced by the sombre moods and colours of city life. This reflected in her earlier paintings of the period. In 1990 she returned to Malta seeking her natural environment and turned towards the sea and typical Maltese countryside for stimulation in producing several sea and landscapes. Two years later, her three year stay in Tuscany brought out the native hues and colours in her vibrant paintings of this particularly scenic corner of Italy. Her works hang in private collections as well as permanent exhibitions both in Malta and overseas.
"She forges ahead with powerful vigour. She can hardly repress her profuse creative outpouring. Her expressionism knows no bounds and she brooks no rivals."
What is your favourite indulgence?
- Traveling abroad to visit exhibitions.
- 1986: Museum of Archeology, Malta;
- 1990: Museum of Archeology, Malta;
- 1994: Poco Loco Gallery/Restaurant, Malta;
- 1994: Via Banchi di Sopra Gallery, Siena, Italy;
- 1995: Museum of Fine Arts, Malta;
- 1999: "The Four Seasons of Malta", Vivaldi Hotel, Malta;
- 2002: Cleland & Souchet, PortoMaso, Malta;
- 2003: Cleland & Souchet, PortoMaso, Malta;
- 2004: St. James Cavalier, Valletta, Malta;
- 2006: Joint exhibition with husband Simon Barthet Casino Maltese, Valletta, Malta;
- 2012: Dec St. James Cavalier.
- 1983, 1990 & 1996: MaltaFest Summer Exhibition;
- 1984: The Best of New Graduate Art, Christies, London;
- 1984 & 1985: Guildhall School of Music, London;
- 1986: University of Malta;
- 1986: "Reality Face to Face", Malta;
- 1987: Malta Trade Fair;
- 1987: Chamber of Commerce, Malta;
- 1988: & 1991 British Legion Art Exhibition, Malta;
- 1989: Lions' Club Art Exhibition, Malta;
- 1989 & 1990: Antiques & Fine Art Exhibition, Malta;
- 1990: Malta Union Club Art Exhibition;
- 1990: Din 1-Art Helwa Art Exhibition, Malta;
- 1995: 1st International Art Biennale, Malta;
- 1995: "Women in art" Exhibition, Museum of Archeology, Malta;
- 1996: "ls-Sess l-Oppost" Art Exhibition, Malta;
- 1996: 1st Biennale of Sacred Art Exhibition, Mdina Cathedral Museum, Malta;
- 1996: Independence Day Art Exhibition, Malta;
- 1996: Malta International Arts Festival;
- 1999: "11-Mara" Art Exhibition, Westin Dragonara, Malta;
- 2000: Grollo d'Oro Awards, Italy;
- 2001: 4th International Art Biennale, Malta;
- 2001: 4th International Art Biennale, Paris;
- 2001: "L-Istrina" Art Auction, Malta;
- 2001: Women's Art, St. James Cavalier, Malta;
- 2002 & 2003: "L-Istrina" Art Exhibition & Auction, St. James Cavalier, Malta;
- 2002, 2003 & 2004: The Eden Foundation Art Exhibition, Gozo;
- 2003: Millenium chapel Foundation Exhibition, The Hilton Hotel, Malta;
- 2004: Caravaggio – La Mostra Impossibile, (Contemporary Section, Caraffa Stores, Vittoriosa, Malta;
- 2005: "Wines and Vineyards" Gallery G, Malta;
- 2005: L-Istrina, Malta;
- 2005: Eden Foundation, Gozo;
- 2006: Eden Foundatoin, Gozo;
- 2006: Rotta ta L-Arti, Indipendenza, Mdina, Malta;
- 2006: "The Joy of Easter" for the Salesians, Hilton Malta;
- 2007: 6th Biennale of Christian art, Mdina, Malta;
- 2007: Glorious Gozo, Hilton Malta;
- 2009: For Caritas, Castille;
- 2011: Manoel Theatre, Valletta Malta;
- 2011: For Caritas, Castille;
- 2014: For Caritas, Castille.