Jessica’s singing career started way back in 2002 when her school music teacher of the time complimented her on her beautiful voice and suggested that she starts taking singing lessons. From then on, Jessica started taking singing lessons at the age of 12 with Doreen Galea. She started gaining experience and confidence by participating in small local. From there, Jessica joined the choir of Dominic Galea and Alison Ellul. Furthermore, attended 2 years of Stagecoach from 2004 till 2006.
Jessica has several notable performances mainly:-
- L-Għanja tal-Poplu Żgħażagħ 2005 1st edition and finished in 3 place with the song Tolleranza music by Andrew Zammit and lyrics by Keith Zammit
- Star to ‘b’ 2004 a festival held in Baystreet in which she placed second.
- Backing Vocalist in Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2004 with Dario Bezzina and Grecia Bezzina in the song Evviva il-Muzika.
- Performed in several Musicals: Sound of Music, Filippu, Ommna tal-Grazzja.
- Epoka Festival in 2006 in which she placed first.
- GM Productions singing festivals in 2004, 2005, 2006 in which she placed, first, second and first again respectively.
- Tralcio d'Oro (in Bari Italy) in 2003 were she finished in 6th place
- Oltre Oceano (Italy) in August 2015, were she finished in 4th place with the song Almeno tu nell' Universo.
- Semi-Finalist in Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza - Talent Żgħażugħ 2015 with the song ‘Iċ-Ċinju’.
- Finalist in Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza 2016 with the song ‘Riħ mill-Punent’.
- TV Shows include: 2nd edition of Opportunity 2, Malta Hit Song Festival 2009, Don’t Stop me Now in 2010.
Jessica takes singing technique very seriously. To this end, she has been attending singing lessons at The Vocal Booth under the tutelage of vocal coach Pamela Bezzina, since June 2013. She has gained a ‘Distinction’ Grade in Trinity College Rock & Pop Exam Grade 3 and Grade 5.
Jessica was one of the 18 finalists in the 41st edition of L-Għanja tal-Poplu 2017 with the song Meta r-Ramel jitħallat mas-Silġ, composed by Pamela Bezzina and written by Paul Ellul. She placed 1st in this prestigious concert. She was accompanied by a 40 piece orchestra conducted by Mro. Paul Abela and Mro.Joe Brown. Also, she was backed by 4 backing vocals namely, Jackie Pace Delicata, Josef Tabone, Antonella Rapa and Angela Spiteri. The musical arrangement of the recorded song was set up by Aldo Spiteri at Beehive Studios in Ta' Xbiex. Apart from being a soloist, Jessica is also part of the choir EnKor and participated in Voices Heart & Soul as part of the choir.
Jessica has accumulated a lot of experience as a backing vocalist by taking part in the annual concert Strummin. Also, she works as a session backing vocalists with various solo singers.
Jessica’s debut single Fearless was launched on 13th March 2019 followed by her second single Break the Silence on 20th October 2020, on all social media, streaming platforms and also aired on various Radio and TV Stations. These two singles was written by Jessica herself and produced at Somnio Recording Studio by Cyprian Cassar and at WickedandLoud Studios by Matteo Depares. She is currently working on releasing more original material soon.
During September 2020, Jessica participated in the Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza 2020. Jessica accepted to sing the song Is-Silenzju Jinkiser Mill-Ġdid lyrics by Etienne Micallef and music by Eliana Gomez Blanco after Danica Muscat decided to drop the song.
|2008||Twieled is-Sultan (U.K.A.M) cd||Keith Zammit||Andrew Zammit|
|2018||Rajt Tlett Xwieni - (Ħelu Bambin 2018 CD)||Fr.George Ocar Buttigieg||Andrew Zammit||Youtube|
|2019||Fearless||Jessica Magro||Jessica Magro||Youtube|
|2020||Break the Silence||Jessica Magro||Jessica Magro||Youtube|
|2005||L-Għanja tal-Poplu Żgħażagħ 2005||Tolleranza||Keith Zammit||Andrew Zammit||3rd.Place|
|2009||Malta Summer Hit Song Contest 2009||Unconditional Love||Keith Zammit||Andrew Zammit||(Click for Video)|
|2015||Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza - Talent Żgħażugħ 2015||Iċ-Ċinju||Clifton Casha||Mark Scicluna||(Click for Video)|
|2016||Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza 2016||Riħ mill-Punent||Clifton Casha||Mark Scicluna||(Click for Video)|
|2017||L-Għanja tal-Poplu 2017 - 41 Edition||Meta r-Ramel jitħallat mas-Silġ||Paul Ellul||Pamela Bezzina||1st. Place||(Click for Video)|
|2020||Konkors Kanzunetta Indipendenza 2020||Is-Silenzju Jinkiser Mill-Ġdid||Etienne Micallef||Eliana Gomez Blanco||(Click for Video)|