Singer Stage International Festival 2013
MALTA INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL FOR POP SINGERS - 8, 9 and 10 November 2013.
The KK Production – Keith Pace - Manager and Priscilla Psaila Kaya – Director will be doing the Second Edition of this festival, last year it was organised for Maltese singers only while this year will be organised for both Maltese and International singers. This festival is going to be held in the City Theatre in the capital city of Malta – Valletta on the 8, 9 and 10 November 2013.
All singers will sing on half playback. The main voice will be live but the instruments and backing vocals must be recorded.
- 1. 4 to 6 years old – Section - A
- 2. 7 to 9 years old – Section - B
- 3. 10 to 12 years old – Section - C
- 4. 13 to 15 years old – Section - D
- 5. 16 years old and over – Section E
The Festival – First Day
8 November, 2013 All Maltese singers will perform and 5 from each Category will pass to participate with foreign singers on the 9th and 10th.
The Festival – Second Day
9 November, 2013 All foreign and Maltese singers will perform their 1st song The song can be in any language can be original or cover version (you’re their singer own choice) And not longer than 4m.30s. On this night all singers will be judged but there will not be any results
The Festival – Third Day
10 November, 2013 All foreign and Maltese singers will perform their 2nd song. The song must be different from the song performed the day before. The song can be in any language, can be original or cover version (that the singer choice ). Not longer than 4m.30s.
On this night all singers will be judged again. The points from the 9 November and from the 10 November will be add together and the final result will be out.
Rehersals for both songs will be in the morning on the 8 or 9 November.
Every participant will be given a certificate
01) 1st place , 2nd place and 3rd place will be given in every section.
02) Singer Stage Overall Winner – this trophy will be given for the singer with the highest points and 200 euros.
03) The escflashmalta Award which will be given by the he www.escflashmalta.come originated with the concept of covering the music scene in Malta with an indepth outlook on the participation within the Eurovision Song Contest, keeping readers up to date with all of the latest news, updates, coverage, interviews and more. In recent months, and most notably over the past year, the portal has opened up to covering all of the aspects of the local music scene and in such a manner, could grow in promoting new talent which is being covered every year through minor and major competitions. Ultimately, it is being presented as a tool which brings about the news to everyone through the internet with special thanks to the EXOR Group who proudly sponsor the project.
During interval till the judges get the fnal results their where entertainment by Kurt Calleja along with upcoming band; The Madhatters will be special guests of the final two nights of the competition.
There will be a Jury from every country but none of the jury can vote for their own country. Jury will vote with the total of 50 points on voice and interpretation. Their will be only the head of jury that will vote for every participants with points for example 50.23 or 50.40 or 50.37 so we will avoid singers to have the same points.
The first jury comprised of former Malta Eurovision Song Contest participants; Rosman Pace, and Nadine Bartolo as well as four time Bay Music Award recipient, Christabelle Borg, Ryan Borg, Ramona Galea and Josmar Gatt escflashmalta.com was represented on the panel by the editor Marc Calleja Bayliss as Head of Jury.
Singer Stage 2013- International Festival – 2 nd Edition.
Gran Prix Winner: Destiny Chukunyere
Category – A (From 4 to 6 years)
Category – B (From 7 to 9 years)
|01||Eliana Gomes Blanco|
Category – C (From 10 to 12 years)
|01||Rutger Scicluna Galea|
|02||Aidan Jay Drakard|
|03||Catinca Popa (Romania)|
Category – C (From 13 to 15 years)
|01||Mirta Krisniki (Croatia)|
|03||Chantelle Abela & Giulia Fredianelli (Italy)|
Category – E (From 16 Over)
|01||Yvonne Mondany (Italy)|
- Escflashmalta Award – Mario Luciano (Italy)
- Future Singer – Maria Markiewiczas (Poland)
- Stage Presence – Daria Anufrieva (Russia)
The event, taking place at the City Theatre in Valletta, just a couple of kilometres away from the Mediterranean Conference Centre is being hosted by a foursome of comperes; Ronald Briffa and Svetlana Muscat for Friday and Sunday with Jade Cini and Owen Bonnici taking care of the proceedings on Saturday evening.
A foreign jury will be taking shape during the rest of the weekend as artists are selected from each of the respective categories. The focus of the editorial team will be on just one artist, who will receive the ESCflashmalta.com Award which in 2012 was awarded to Alexia Fenech.
Former Eurovision Song Contest representative; Kurt Calleja along with upcoming band; The Madhatters will be special guests of the final two nights of the competition. Stay tuned to this portal for all of the latest news.