Band Formation (2009-2010)
Myopic Destiny is a Metalcore/ Melodic Death Metal band founded in mid-2009 by Drummer Ehren Fenech and guitarist Daniel Aquilina who after leaving an old project, formed the band after recruiting Clyde Farrugia on bass and Daniel Sammut on guitar. Eventually in early 2010 Marc Tanti was found at a local gig and was asked to join the band to complete the line-up. The band spent the rest of 2010 writing original material and rehearsing to get ready for a live performance.
Debut and subsequent gigs (2011)
Myopic Destiny got their first gig on the 4th of February 2011 at the Remedy Grove Rock Bar in Paceville. The event, commemorating the birthday of a good friend of the band, attracted a sizable crowd and the performance was met with good reviews from the audience.
The band's second gig was performed in the summer, being the opening band of the Xtreme Metal Assault 2011 Festival held at the Buskett Roadhouse on August the 13th. A week later they played along side Insurgence at V-Gen, Paceville on the 19th.
The band played again at V-Gen on October the 8th, this time alongside Oblique Visions and then finished of the year by participating in the Subkultfest 2011 on the 9th of December alongside Rising Sunset and In The Name Of.
The Harsh Cold Reality (Debut Album) (2011 - 2012)
Myopic Destiny finished writing material for their debut album in late 2011. In January 2012 the band entered the studio with producer Steve "Lombardo" to record their debut album entitled "The Harsh Cold Reality". The Recording process was finished in June 2012, and the album release date is scheduled for the 1st of September 2012 with a gig at V-Gen alongside X-Vandals.
Ehren Fenech - Drums (2009 - present)
Daniel Aquilina - Guitar (2009 - present)
Daniel Sammut - Guitar (2009 - present)
Clyde Eric Farrugia - Bass (2009 - present)
Marc Tanti - Vocals (2010 - 2012)
Myopic Destiny R.I.P (2009 – 2013)
On Saturday 31 August 2013, the band released the following statement through their Facebook page:
- It is with heavy heart that I’m writing this but the fact is that Myopic Destiny is no more.
- We played more than 4 years together, starting out in an extremely humid underground garage in Birkirkara and ending up changing it twice after getting serious equipment that we would never have left it there. In that time we became pretty much a family.
- In those 4 years, we managed to get some good gigs, starting from a birthday party of a good friend of the band, to playing alongside some bands from overseas, and also recording a full length album “The Harsh Cold Reality” and being nominated for the Malta Music Awards last year.
- The split is an amicable one, there is no tension between us; we just realized that since November 2012 we haven’t really done anything to progress. After our Vocalist left last year, we tried out 3 different vocalists which for some reason or another none of them worked out. After that happens motivation to continue between all of us took a big hit, and have now decided it was pretty much that we’re beating onto a dead horse by continuing.
- As for our future in the scene goes, most of us are looking into starting other project separately, so hopefully one day you may see us on stage in a different environment.
- We still have physical copies of the album and t-shirts, if you want one we will be giving them out very cheaply, (something like €5 for a CD and t-shirt) so don’t hesitate to contact me or any other member for an album.
- Stay Metal,
- Nothing Happens For a Reason,
- Myopic Destiny
- 2009 - 2013