Help for Beginners
- What is M3P? - yours to explore
- Request account - Before you can submit or edit content on M3P, you need to create an account. Click on 'Request account', choose your username and password, and submit a valid email. Within a few minutes, you will receive an automated email, asking you to confirm your email and activate e-mail features on M3P by clicking on a link inside the message. That's it. You're now ready to contribute to M3P
- Getting started and adding content - adding and editing content on M3P: an introduction to getting started
- Editing pages - general help for contributing editors
- Disambiguation - how to handle conflicting page titles
- Redirection - how to redirect different page titles to a particular entry on search terms?
- Stubs - how to create a page about a subject that can later be populated with further details.
- References - understanding and using references when adding and/or editing content
- Multiple images - template documentation for placing multiple images on a page
Guidelines for specific types of pages
More help and FAQs coming soon!
Please feel free to ask for help on specific tasks using the discussion/talk page.
A series of PDF files for quick and easy step-by-step guide on how to start creating and editing pages on M3P.
M3P Quickies 1:How to register in 4 easy Steps - pdf file.
M3P Quickies 2:Creating a Page from Scratch - pdf file
M3P Quickies 3:M3P Cheatsheet #1 - pdf file showing how to format text, linking a name to an M3P page or an external website, eg. Facebook. and how to upload a picture in M3P.
Firefox Search - adding M3P to your search engine list in Firefox.
...more Quickies on the way!...
You may also want to consult the Mediawiki User's Guide for information on using the wiki.