The text currently on this page needs further work. It was most likely imported or reproduced from a website associated with the subject of the page - possibly through a process involving far-from-perfect machine translation, often with awkward results. It is awaiting the attention of an experienced M3P editor, which could be you. It may be slightly out of date, or may need other elements taken care of appropriately, including proofreading or copy-editing for grammar and style.
This page is a stub
Stub pages are like acorns. The first seed has been planted, but you can help them grow! There may, for example, also be other M3P resources linking to it. You can help by expanding this page.
Jolene Samhan is a singer and songwriter from the tiny Mediterranean island called Gozo. Born on the 11 June, 2000 and raised in Nadur with Brazilian, Palestinian and a German-Polish background, she does not only look the part but she is definitely ambitious to produce a unique sound whilst leaving her musical mark in the Maltese musical industry and beyond. She started showing a great interest in singing at a very early age, however started professional vocal training at the age of 10.
A brief overview of Jolene’s performance experience
- 2009 - Jolene was part of the main cast in The Sound of Music as a ‘Main Sister of the Abbey’.
- 2010 - Played the role of ‘Mrs. Hannigan’ in the musical Annie.
- 2011 – 2015 - Jolene was part of the cast of the yearly Christmas plays/musicals and Christmas concerts, accompanied by an orchestra in the Nadur Parish Church, organized by the M.U.S.E.U.M. Subien Nadur.
- 2012 – Participated in the Nadur Song Festival, earning 1st place in her category.
- 2012 – Took part in a small play of extracts from Oliver Twist and The King and I with the Gaulitanus Choir which was directed and produced by Mro. Colin Attard.
- 2013 – Performed for the first time with the Philharmonic Imnarja Band.
- 2013 – Competed in the Nadur Song Festival, earning 1st place in her category and 1st Overall Award.
- 2014 – Performed when the Queen’s Baton Relay visited Gozo on its way to the Commonwealth Games in Scotland.
- 2014 – Participated in the Raise Your Voice Competition by Erseb Productions, placing 3rd and 4th with her two song entries.
- 2015 - Jolene won the Powerhouse Singing Award which was given to her by her singing teacher, Melanie Zammit.
- 2015 - Performed in Palermo, Sicily during the OltreOceano Festival. She was also offered a record deal by OltreOceano in 2014 for the year of 2015.
- 2015 - Joined the 15-piece brass band called DCapitals Big Band who gave her the opportunity to perform in various locations on the islands as well as abroad. This led her to perform at Big Band Jam in Liberec, Czech Republic in 2018.
- 2016 - Released a song-cover video of Halo by Beyonce with TestaFilms featuring the Aurora Youth Choir, Eugene Bajada and Edmund Camilleri. Later on in that same year she released her second song-cover video for Clarity by Zedd and Foxes, which was filmed at the Citadel in Gozo by TestaFilms.
- 2018 - She started her own personal wedding services.
- 2019 - Featured on Place, in collaboration with Micimago and Shaun Axiaq, as a singer and songwriter for the production. This led to win the Lovin Music Award for Best Dance Track 2019 while also being nominated for Best Song of the year.
- 2020 - Participated in Spazju Kreattiv’s song writing program and co-wrote ‘Sa Ma Sparixxejt’ with Klara Vassallo.
- 2021 – Released her debut single titled February 1st. Written by Jolene and produced by Matthew James Borg at SongSmith and Micimago.