He Ping is an artist born in Shanghai.
He has learned to draw exquisite and changeable paintings from traditional calligraphy art and modern expressionism. The architecture of traditional Chinese calligraphy lays the basis for He Ping’s pattern creation, whose figures are presented in a minimalist manner. By applying numerous performance techniques, He Ping sometimes sketches abstract skeletons with light, fast lines, whilst sometimes paints complicated compositions with thick ink and heavy colors. With neat, simple backgrounds, He ping highlights the gradually changing colors and the dynamics of the arc.
Every stroke seems clear and full, generating a visual impact maximally. In addition to colors, texture also plays an important role in his works, with thin blocks as light as the yarn, and the heavily layered-up paint looking like a hill protruding from the canvas. The application of geometrical figures by traditional Chinese calligraphy, as sublimed and interpreted by the painter, leads to satisfactory results equal to Kandinsky’s cubism.
He Ping’s creation is not only distinguished from Western painting arts, but is also considered an independent school in Modern Chinese fine arts, with a creativity and comprehensiveness that allowed him to reserve and blend the essence of Chinese and Western arts in his paintings. 
"I wield my brush freely to express a perception or concept. Nonetheless, in the process of painting, habitual practices and techniques of Chinese character writing are indeed manifested."
- He Ping
Exhibition and Art Activities
- 2018: Id-Dinja M'Għadiex Ċatta (The World Is No Longer Flat) exhibition at the European Court of Auditors, Luxembourg
- 2017: VIVA Valletta International Visual Art Festival, solo exhibition in The MILL B’KARA;
- 2016: Solo exhibition in ST JAMES CAVALIER, Valletta, Malta - Persistence of Form (exhibition) ;
- 2015: Solo exhibition in Madrid, Spain at China Culture Center;
- 2015: Solo exhibition in Malta at China Culture Center;
- 2014: Exhibition in Berlin, German;
- 2013: Solo exhibition City & He opened in 188 Art Salon;
- 2007: The 11th Shanghai Art Fair;
- 2006: Solo exhibition in Shanghai Big Warehouse Gallery in M50;
- 1999: Group exhibition Cross cultural voice – Between Memories in Stephen Gang Gallery, New York;
- 1997: Eight paintings exhibited in 97 Shanghai Art Fair;
- 1997: Big Solo Exhibition opened in New Shanghai Library opening ceremony.