Albert Vella is a Maltese community leader in Toronto, Canada.
Albert migrated to Canada in 1977. Both in Malta and in Canada he occupied senior posts in the banking and financial industry He retired in 2005 after 46 years, and his last position was as Senior Vice President of the Bank of Valletta Canada Representative Office.
Albert is very active in the Maltese community. He is the
- Honorary President of the Maltese Canadian Association (Gozo)
- Honorary President of the Maltese Center in New York
- Honorary Member of the Gozo Club
- Honorary Member of the Maltese American Community Club of Dearborn,
- Honorary Member of the Maltese American Social Club of San Francisco
- Honorary Member of the Maltese Canadian Club of London
- Honorary Member of the Gћaqda Mużikali L’Isle Adam of Rabat, Malta
- Honorary Member of the Soċjetá Filarmonika Nicolò Isouard of Mosta.
- Founder, Past President & Honorary Life Member: Maltese Canadian Professional and Business Association.
- Past Secretary and current member of the Federation of Maltese Living Abroad (FMLA).
Albert attended the 2000 Convention of Leaders of Associations of Maltese Abroad and of Maltese Origin and was a keynote speaker at the 2010 Convention of Maltese Living Abroad.
Albert was also production editor of the FMLA’s Newsletter Maltese Link, for the first 15 issues. (2010-2012)