This is the user page for Toni Sant, Founding President of the M3P:Foundation.
M3P registered users can leave messages here.
My main interest in this project is to bring together my professional work as an academic with my great passion for all forms of Maltese culture. You can also get a glimpse of some of the M3P-related things I'm interested in from the titles I add to the M3P:Reading Room.
You can also check out some of the personal (non-academic, non-administrative, etc ) aspects I'm working on through the following links:
SEE ALSO: ToniSant.com - Toni Sant's personal website
- 1 Subpages: a springboard for further research
- 2 Archives & Databases
- 3 interesting things to consider: more springboards for further research
Subpages: a springboard for further research
Things My Father Told Me
M3P in Context: Internet Culture
M3P in Context: Memory Studies
Archives & Databases
interesting things to consider: more springboards for further research
- Digitalkoot - a game to index Finland's National Library's archives
- The Grande Guide to Wikipedia
- UK Digital Projects Directory
- Alliance for Permanent Access
- Fondazione Rinascimento Digitale – Nuove Tecnologie per i Beni Culturali
- How to evaluate success online? - Culture24′s first action research project
- Data Seal of Approval
- LOCKSS - Lots Of Copies Keep Stuff Safe + Controlled LOCKSS
- Digital Preservation: LOC + DPE
- Wikiteam software - a set of tools for archiving wikis.
- U.S. National Recording Preservation Foundation gets donation from Jack White + National Recording Preservation Board + National Recording Preservation Foundation
- British Library: Unlocking Audio Conference 2009
- Do Burned CDs Have a Short Lifespan? - PCWorld article (2006)
- Activists' Guide to Archiving Video
- Wikipapers - compilation of resources (conference papers, journal articles, theses, books, datasets and tools) focused on the research of wikis
- International Journal on Digital Libraries
Other MediaWiki projects to consider
- Wiki of the Month - great list of wikis from Semantic MediaWiki
- WikiWorks - a consulting company dedicated exclusively to MediaWiki implementation.
- wiki.ironchariots.org - good example of MediaWiki use for very specific project
- DBpedia - community effort to extract structured information from Wikipedia
- The Archive Team - along with their presence on the Internet Archive 
- Wikidata - pulling in data vs entering information manually
- Lansbury Voices - a local history project based in the community
- WikiSpooks - antidotes to official narratives
- ESAT The Encyclopaedia of South African Theatre, Film, Media and Performance
Other Music projects using MediaWiki
other music/arts projects to consider
- The Paul Bowles Moroccan Music Collection
- Van Morrison database - very comprehensive!
- Unfinished Histories Recording British Alternative Theatre (1968-88) through oral histories and archive material.
- ECLAP - the e-library for performing arts a European project and Best Practice Network that is bringing together the most relevant performing arts content (videos, photographs, texts, essays, etc.) from cultural institutions across Europe, that were never before accessible via the Internet.
- Ward Irish Music Archives - largest public collection of Irish music in America
- ICAA Documents of 20th-century Latin American and Latino Art digital archive
- John Peel Centre for Creative Arts
- Museum of Endangered Sounds
- Vermont Folklife Center - Field Research Guides
- Digital Traditions providing access to the Folklife Resource Center at McKissick Museum
- Popular Music & Cultural Memory - Australian Research Council (ARC) funded project
- DIY popular music archives and museums - Australian Research Council (ARC) funded project
- Hydrogenaudio Forums The audio technology enthusiasts' resource
built on WordPress...
- Women's Liberation Music Archive Feminist Music-Making in the UK and Ireland, 1970-1990
- Birmingham Popular Music Archive