ROCKNA Live & Unplugged
ROCKNA Live & Unplugged is a 13-track compilation featuring live recordings culled from an extensive collection of live sessions recorded during the weekly ROCKNA radio show, which is broadcast every Friday at 7.15pm CET on Radio 101. The digital album was officially launched during a special edition of ROCKNA broadcast on November 2, 2012 (see sleevenotes).
The idea behind this compilation was to share some of the music that has played an integral part in making ROCKNA's role in promoting the local music scene all the more significant ever since the radio show started airing in July 2010.
The album is available as a free download here.
- Victor Chetcuti - Nature's Child (3.35) (Recorded 7 January 2011)
- KulTural - L-Għanja tal-Imgħallaq (5.11) (Recorded 27 May 2011)
- Alex Alden - Dancing alone (3.44) (Recorded 16 March 2012)
- For Strings Inn - Tangerine (4.10) (Recorded 16 March 2012)
- Errormantics - Nothing satisfies (3.30) (Recorded 27 April 2012)
- Mistura - Isma' Bilfors (3.08) (Recorded 11 May 2012)
- Divine Sinners - Cactus Rose (2.15) (Recorded 18 May 2012)
- Monobrow Musical Produce - Carmen (2.45) (Recorded 1 June 2012)
- The Shh - All things with love (3.41) (Recorded 13 July 2012)
- Thingybob - Girl in a summer dress (3.06) (Recorded 17 August 2012)
- Claire Tonna - Your mother said (3.24) (Recorded 14 September 2012)
- Clayton Micallef - Rockna (5.19) (Recorded 21 September 2012)
- Joseph Portelli - Standing still (3.05) (Recorded 12 October 2012)
Recorded and compiled by Michael Bugeja
Post-production by Antonio Olivari
In 1992, one year after Radio 101 had been launched, the station released Watching The Music, a 10-track compilation CD featuring 2 tracks each from 5 different bands that were then active on the local scene. The compilation, a spin-off from a programme focusing on Maltese bands that Radio 101 was broadcasting at the time, was a first for Maltese rock. It was also a welcome addition to the limited number of local CD releases available at the time, and to continue the tradition, I felt it fitting to release a compilation culled from ROCKNA’s archive, this time recorded not in a proper studio, but live and unplugged during the show itself.
Michael Bugeja (ROCKNA presenter), November 2012
Special thanks to Antonio Olivari, Pierre Portelli, Charles Saliba, Lito, Jean-Pierre Debattista, Toni Sant, Noel D’Anastas, Noel Mifsud, Radio 101, all contributing bands and artists and last but not least, all those who support the local music scene in any way, shape or form.
ROCKNA is a weekly radio show that has been broadcasting at 7.15pm every Friday on Radio 101 since July 9, 2010. To date, the show has hosted over 125 different bands and artists, with more than half of them having also performed one or more songs live and unplugged during the show. Join the ROCKNA group by visiting ROCKNA on Facebook
ROCKNA can be streamed live every Friday at 7.15pm CET at here.