Deaths in 2004
This is a list of notable deaths associated with Malta in 2004.
Any Maltese personality with some connection to culture (in the broadest sense of the word) may be listed here. Additions which do not cite reliable sources will be removed to the talk page for discussion.
A typical entry lists information in the following sequence:
* Date: Name, Age, Main reason/s for notability, Established cause of death (if known), References.
Please note: names are listed under the date of death, not the date it was announced.
- Thursday 15 January: Tony Mallia, 65, Journalist and Media Executive
- Friday 16 January 2004: Fr. Carmelo Zammit, 72, Salesian Priest
- Monday 9 February: Carmelo Zammit (composer), 96, Composer and Songwriter
- Wednesday 11 February: Robbie Buttigieg, 67, Footballer
- Sunday 22 February: Paul Arnaud, 93, Musician and Band Leaders
- Wednesday 10 March: Anthony Montanaro, 72, Journalist
- Wednesday 10 March: Frank Portelli (artist), 81, Visual Artist
- Wednesday 17 March: Victor Galdes, 80, Broadcaster
- Saturday 10 April: Ġużi Mallia, 86, Author and Children's Broadcaster
- Sunday 6 June: Arthur Podesta, 75, Aquatic Sportsman
- Saturday 12 June: William Apap, 85, Sports Entrepreneur
- Sunday 20 June: Amante Buontempo, 83, Canon and Poet
- Wednesday 7 July: Joe Aquilina, 60, Footballer
- Tuesday 3 August: Maggie Borg, 52, Social Activist, cancer
- Thursday 26 August: Vince Laus, 59, Country Music Radio DJ, cancer
- Thursday 9 September: Louis Naudi, ??, Percussionist
- Friday 12 November: Joe Zammit Cordina, 75, Actor
- Friday 12 November: Publius Micallef, ??, Recording Engineer
- Thursday 2 December: Ġużeppi Schembri, 83, Footballer
- Friday 31 December: Remiġ Sacco, 82, Sports Journalist and Writer
Exact date of death unknown
- ?? ?? ??: Joseph Polidano, 60, Maltese-Australian community worker, cancer
- 2004: obituaries from MaltaMedia.com