Difference between revisions of "Charles Clews Memorial Collection"
(Created page with "The '''Charles Clews Memorial Collection''' consists of the private papers, scripts, photos and memorabilia owned by the estate of Charles Clews. The collection is housed...")
Revision as of 06:23, 14 June 2019
The Charles Clews Memorial Collection consists of the private papers, scripts, photos and memorabilia owned by the estate of Charles Clews. The collection is housed in Marsascala and is curated by Alan Clews. Artefacts continue to be added to the collection as the family endeavours in perpetuating the legacy of this popular entertainer and writer. This page contains highlights from activities associated with the collection.
- Muskettieri u Commandos, curated by the M3P Foundation in collaboration with Spazju Kreattiv and Alan Clews. 19 October 2016 to 6 January 2017 at St James Cavalier Centre for Creativity, Valletta.
- Charles Clews exhibition at the opening of Charles Clews Garden, Marsascala. 23 to 30 January 2011, St Anne parish hall, Marsascala.
- Omaġġ lil Charles Clews 1919-2009, curated by Alan Clews with George Glanville, Frans Ripard and Frans H. Said. 29 January to 28 February 2010 at Galeria Liberte, Workers’ Memorial Building, South Street, Valletta.
- Muskettieri u Commandos: Oral History, recorded recollections of Radju Muskettieri and Stage Commandos by family members, as part of a concert featuring Terry L. Bencini. Held at St James Cavalier Centre for Creativity, Valletta, produced by the M3P Foundation in collaboration with Spazju Kreattiv.
- Toni Sant (ed) Mel' Isma' Din: Nidħdu ftit ieħor ma' Charles Clews f'egħluq il-100 sena minn twelidu, (forthcoming SKS, 2019)
- Anne Marie Bonnici, Charles Clews (1919-2009) Kittieb u Attur Komiku Popolari (Klabb Kotba Maltin, 2012).
Memorials in Public Spaces
- Charles Clews bronze bust, Gardjola Gardens, Senglea. Joe Chetcuti (sculptor), inaugurated 2016.
- Mural of Charles Clews, Fgura. Justin Bonnici (artist).
- Charles Clews Garden (including bronze bust), Marsascala. Inaugurated 2011.
- Charles Clews ceramic sculpture, with Gemma Portelli and Victor Apap. Bisazza Street, Sliema. Brian Green (sculptor), commissioned by the Ministry of Resources and Rural Affairs.